Modifications Of Decrees

Changes in family or financial circumstances may qualify you for a modification of child support, alimony or parenting time. At McGinnis Law Firm, P.A., our Brandon lawyer can examine your case to determine whether you meet the requirements to file for a modification.

Alimony, child support and custody modifications are only available in specific circumstances. Call us at 800-768-2026 to schedule a free consultation with our experienced family law attorney.

Protecting Your Family And Your Budget

Attorney Wendy K. McGinnis, founder of our firm, has dedicated her practice to family law matters. As a result, our firm has the experience to deliver the quality of representation you need.

If your family has experienced a substantial change in circumstances, you may qualify for a modification of your support and/or custody order. Pursuing a modification is not without risks. If you request a modification when your case fails to meet the legal requirements, you may be responsible for the other party’s legal fees. We have the knowledge and experience to help you avoid this result.

Understanding Modifications

When you contact us to discuss a modification, we will establish whether your circumstances warrant a modification.

  • Child support: A party’s job loss, change in income, or a change in the child’s expenses may qualify your case for a modification. Either party has the right to file for a modification of the child support order, and sometimes the Department of Revenue may be involved.

  • Alimony: A substantial change in circumstances, such as a change in income or expenses, may qualify you for a modification. Some forms of alimony are modifiable while others are not, and there are several factors Florida courts consider in alimony modification cases.

  • Child custody: Some changes in circumstance may be sufficient basis for modifying your custody order, while others may not. Any modification must be found by the Florida court to be in the best interests of the child.

Contact Us

Call 800-768-2026 or email our firm to arrange a free initial consultation. We serve clients in Brandon, Plant City and throughout the Greater Tampa area.